TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2

View Single Post

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #3649
country flag JAS_

JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute JAS_ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic Pictures Thread vol.2

I wasn't saying that her face fat would help her game

These are just two separate reasons why I would want to see her gain weight. And when it comes to her body, obviously rather muscles than fat.
I was simply stating my preference - I think that her face looks much more balanced with some extra fat. And I don't think all of it was necessarily baby fat, it's simply fat in the face, and a lot of women are actually adding it in different areas of face artificially to add curves/cheekbones for instance ( ask JJ). Ana has an oval head, and having no fat in her face make it look longer, more elongated, and IMO, it simply changed the proportions that made her look so extraordinary. But, different people different tastes.

But here is the thing - when discussing beauty - now don't mind my language, because I will prolly not explain myself well.
Some people/women have sometimes some body parts which are slightly out of proportion, or, um, should I say accentuated? I have a friend who is for instance a little bit stronger in her butt. All her life she's been trying to make it skinnier, and she does, but then she loses her modest curves in the upper body. It's like a see-saw, she is just so built that whatever she does, it looks unbalanced. There is some fine line in between the two extremes, where her body shape is optimal, in most balance, but then she isn't happy with either of the two.

The same see-saw situation people can have with body and face, and right now something similar is happening with Ana. At least, from my point of view, since I absolutely prefer her face a bit rounder than now. It was just perfect before; now that her body is skinny, her face is somehow too ghostly, too elongated, and I actually like elongated faces. I mean, it is still pretty, when looked in isolation, but it just doesn't compare to her face before.

I do think though that Ana doesn't have the same problem as my friend, because for her, the balance is absolutely possible, and IMO it was her 2008 as well as end-of-2010 look. Ironically these are the times that coincide with her best game.
The look she has now, has simply shifted too far in the direction of skinny and both her body and her face are in the too skinny zone.
Again, that's my opinion/taste only.

Last edited by JAS_ : Sep 29th, 2012 at 03:57 PM.
JAS_ is offline View My Blog!