TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Help me, got forcefed double bagel

View Single Post

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #4
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help me, got forcefed double bagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeMa View Post
Try to get in a few other games before you play him again. You are rusty and you need some practice. Sounds like you just made a lot of UEs and when you've played more it shouldn't be that way the next time.

Being that you got to deuce a few times is promising - you can win points off him but why aren't you winning the big points? You have to learn how to play the score and not just win a point. Did you have game or break points before the deuce or where you always behind, clawing you way to deuce?

What was your shot selection like? Were you going for high % shots or low ones. When off your game you have to go back to basics. Never mind the trick shots.
Yes despite being out of the game with a while, I was happy I got to deuce a number of times (more on his serve, which is stronger than mine) but less on my own serve. I was trying to go down the line a few times out of frustration with the scoreline but am happy with some of the shots I hit.

I have found in the past, onece I get that first game, and the serve is going in, the rest of my game flows and I play with confidence. This time I guess out of rust, and his greater experience, I failed to get past this first hurdle.

I had a number of break points, and almost won one in a game where I was so angry I just smacked 2 or 3 winners in a row off his return, but when it came to the point I just missed and fell apart again.

Needless to say I've not played him since, he works alot, and I guess he doesn't think I'm worth a challenge again

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Hradecka~A.Radwanska~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote