TennisForum.com - View Single Post - News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

View Single Post

Old Sep 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #236
country flag Hedberg

Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice Hedberg is just really nice
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

I don't think this is good for anyone. I still think the WTA have made a mistake and are overpricing their product. Some new obscure pay-tv channel doesn't sound convincing. And if their main program is WTA tennis, I just don't think it will interest that much. I don't see people paying just for WTA tennis. On the other hand I think Eurosport is in a bit of trouble. What do they have left? I mean left at all? Three Grand Slams and some cycling classics and that's it?

I just can't see a channel with three of the four biggest tennis tournaments in the world and nothing else? They have to get some exhos or even some challengers or very minor tournaments. The hundreds of hours of tennis is a huge loss. How are they gonna fill it? And let's be realistic. Ski jumping, reruns and wrestling can only cover about 30%. Maybe.
Hedberg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote