TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon.

View Single Post

Old Sep 27th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #452
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: Tokyo 2012: FlopPova bundled out by her biggest Pigeon.

It was totally expected. And thanks God the agony ended! Though I dislike the fact that it came at the hands of Stosur (well at least she lost to a top 10er; better than losing to Watson or Safarova again).
She has been awful since the beginning (just like in Wimbledon) - was a bit of lucky to get past Watson. And she even had a simmilar pattern of behaviour like in Wimbledon - she looked fed up to me, like she didn't want to play, like she was forcing herself to play (a bit behaving like Vika and Djokovic when they start with their angry tantrums, which I don't like TBH) - she seemed to play angry, seemed moody... Something is bugging her. And IMO she shouldn't play Beijing. If she is tried (which I do not doubt she is, this is her best season since forever and has played so many matches and won so many matches and also has had a lot of matches that were difficult mentally and physically), she should just rest, rehab and go with a fresher mind to Istanbul (and I hope she'll react well to the city, since it surely brings some memories back).
What i do not understand (and I mentioned that on twitter, too) - is why all these exhibitions?? She has one in Czech Republic, then in Italy, then Brazil and today emerged a news that she and Carolina would play on 28th of December in Korea (??) - I hope the latter is false. She doesn't need extra money, nor does need to expose herself to changing so many timezones and all sorts of other factors, tire herself down with interviews and all kind of promo activities, when she could relax, take a vacation, rest and do the much needed shoulder rehab and train well in order to be mentally fresh and physically ready for a demanding 2013 in which she has a lot of points to defend, right from the start of the year.
Sorry for the rant.