TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Yaroslava Shvedova

View Single Post

Old Sep 26th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #4585
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom_Sabine View Post
nazzac, there are other girls out there besides Slava, you know, don't miss all the forests for a tree

I thought Robson is doing it right, the way I hoped Slava would, go for lower events, beat people around your level and build up a firm base of your wins solidly, go for higher events, beat higher ranked people. Robson will be top 20 no doubt. Talent and determination and even hard work aren't sufficient, you need this ruthless drive on top to succeed at the expense of walking over the other person's prostrate body. Many people have top 10 ability all of them trying to force their way through a very narrow doorway. Shvedova was close to that sudden break through but tripped herself up ....
Your speaking in riddles And like i said, i like other players, i just don't like them as much as i like Slava.

I think that Slava needs to play lower level tournaments for confidence, not ranking points. I don't want her to vulture her way up the rankings like U.Rad is doing. I have more respect for people who climb the rankings by performing well in Grand Slams and stuff. Thats pretty much what Slava has done this year. She's played 17 tournaments over the last 12 months, while the people around her have played over 20.

What Slava needs right now, is to play a low level tournament to build her confidence back up, so she can go on another run next year. She's quite clearly a confidence player, but atm she has no confidence, thats why she's doing rubbish. I want to see her do well in the Aussie open because she ahs a terrible record there, It's her worst slam statistically. Then she can prepare to defend points she got from RG and Wimbledon.