Originally Posted by Patrick345
A combination of
1. Lack of power (reliable controlled power)
2. Lack of concentration (finishing the point in your head before you have done it with your racquet)
3. Lack of patience and judgement (is it really an easy shot or am I better off to prepare for an even better shot)
4. Shot selection (conventional volley, drive volley, let it bounce, take the overhead out of the air, slice attack or hard deep)
5. Poor peripheral vision (react to the actions of your opponent)
They all play into each other. If you are great in some areas you need to be less good in others. For example if you have great shot selection and vision you donīt need as much raw power to finish points.
Women,in general, have better peripheral vision than men.