TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Why do girls miss so many simple balls?

View Single Post

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #47
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do girls miss so many simple balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
A combination of

1. Lack of power (reliable controlled power)
2. Lack of concentration (finishing the point in your head before you have done it with your racquet)
3. Lack of patience and judgement (is it really an easy shot or am I better off to prepare for an even better shot)
4. Shot selection (conventional volley, drive volley, let it bounce, take the overhead out of the air, slice attack or hard deep)
5. Poor peripheral vision (react to the actions of your opponent)

They all play into each other. If you are great in some areas you need to be less good in others. For example if you have great shot selection and vision you don´t need as much raw power to finish points.
Women,in general, have better peripheral vision than men.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote