TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #4128
country flag manixdk

manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of manixdk has much to be proud of
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I really am puzzled by that result: she's been far more effective with 2nd serve (mostly in the 1st) than with the 1st and still didn't face a single BP...yesterday she was a mess she's so unlogical of a late...against Li it will be a lot tougher though and sadly it will all be on Li's racket
She's being more aggressive with her first and second serves. Her percentage of 1st serves is going down, but, even if she's not getting a lot of aces, she's getting a tonne of unreturned serves, which in my book is the same thing. It's a stat they only seem to keep at Wimbledon.

Being more aggressive on her 1st serve means, of course, that she has to do the same on her 2nd, because there will be more of them. This also means she'll hit mor DF's. But she's learned to accept that. I have to put that down to Thomas J. He knows she hates to make errors, and her instinct is to play safe at all times. He's been trying to convince her that being more aggressive with both her serves will pay off. And it has.

The real test will be when she meets the quality returners in the WTA like Vika, who is absolutely amazing when she's on.

Caro's returning has also been impressive, but, again, the test is meeting the big cannons.

Caro admitted at her presser in Seoul that she's building now towards next year. To me this means we may see more of Caro Unleashed. When she feels too much pressure to win, she moves back to Caroland, as Sam Smith so rightly pointed out, and I was screaming at TV, on a match I'd already seen once, "move up ya berk".

When she gets more matches under her belt, and becomes more convinced that becoming a counter attacker is the way to go, well, the sky's the limit.

I know we get so frustrated because she has so much ability, and hasn't used a fraction of it yet. But it will come, I'm convinced of it.
manixdk is offline View My Blog!