TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Yaroslava Shvedova

View Single Post

Old Sep 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM   #4580
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future
Re: Yaroslava Shvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom_Sabine View Post
To have matchpoints in three matches and lose, what can we say? This is exactly why I was so worried about her not getting matches in, from her loss to Serena at Wimbledon onwards. She should have gone to play Stanford after Wim, should have played Tashkent and Guangzhou. Playing to stack up meaningless points = vulturing. But playing for getting in matches and wins [frags, so to speak] is quite another matter. She may have lost a great opportunity after riding a great wave of form in the summer.
I agree that her scheduling has been odd. She took roughly a month off after Wimbledon, and did the same after the US Open. It's all been down hill since the Olympics, and now her confidence has gone. She should play some smaller tournaments to build her confidence back up. Hopefully she can build some up before the Aussie open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom_Sabine View Post
to lose that many matches with matchpoints in a year seems quite a feat too. yet the odd thing is, she doesn't lack determination and competitiveness. Somehow she goofs up.

Nerves maybe? It's almost like she's scarred of winning. I could understand her doing it against a top player in a grand slam semi final or final, but round 1 of a premier tournament against a player who is past her best is not acceptable. She tightens up on big points for some reason, and her game goes way down. Her serve especially is really unreliable. She's got quite a big serve for the womens game, but it doesn't land in enough. If she can somehow make that serve into a weapon, then i guess we'll see less choking. Lots of work needs doing during off-season.