TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 11:07 AM   #4077
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Just browsed the live score thread and looked at the stats. I so want to be a positive, optimistic little rosy bunny cheerleader .. but I can't

Plays a good 1st set, only to then become über passive and lose 2nd. How many times have we not see this pattern already? .. I suppose the one positive is, she won a tight 3 setter and didn't crumble like a mental midget at the end of 3rd. We've unfortunately seen this happen way to often lately, so .. a positive *check*.

Looks like she got broken 5 times in the match and managed to break 7 herself. Most of all those breaks in 2nd set.

From the statics, it appears the deciding factor was Makarova's (weak'ish) 2nd serve. Only winning 31% of 2nd serves in total.

It's never always smooth sailing. Either Caro starts well, but then fades in the 2nd set or she starts really poor, but often finds some better play towards the end of a match.

How about combining those two !!!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!