TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Sep 19th, 2012, 01:03 AM   #2322
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Well it could be, but I'd say highly unlikely. Since the main draw cut-off date is August 20th (when Donna was below #200) and that for qualies September 10th (around 180, I think), her only chance would be through a wild-card, as there are only 47 main draw and 28 quali direct acceptances.

Either the folks at Sportnet don't know what they're saying, or Donna's website hasn't been updated with this info, but after everything her fitness coach said during that Tashkent final coverage I'd bet on the former. Would be exciting to be wrong though
you're probably right. maybe she just said something about going to China and the reporters assumed it was for beijing. i like how she has planned everything so far...it wouldn't be good to follow in robson or barty's footsteps imo (not that they won't be successful, but donna's way clearly works better for her)