TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #2315
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Thanks for the translations ma_re and tennismaster8820

Depending on the draw in $100K Suzhou I think maybe a quarterfinal is realistic? Maybe even semifinal if she continues her Tashkent form. I guess we can't expect her to play this well every week though.

Also, Donna's probably going to get direct entry into qualifying for IW/Miami/Madrid next year. I looked at the 2012 qualifying draws for them if she keeps her ranking around what it is now (or better) she'll definitely get in. She can use her direct entry into two Grand Slam events as merited increases, but she can also do the same to two Premier Mandatory events. So now she can play 12+2+2=16 events between her 16th and 17th birthday, as long she plays two Grand Slams and two Premier Mandatory events, through direct entry. Is that how everybody else reads it? I'm always so confused by it. If that's the rule then the AER doesn't really affect her so much anymore and has a REALLY good chance to break the Top 100 as a 16 year old which would really be incredible for today's standards.

So since Donna's 16th birthday she's played 3+1=4 events, with the direct entry into the US Open counting as a merited increase. Before her 17th birthday on 28th June 2013 she can play 9+2+1=12 more events, with direct entry into two Premier Mandatory events (IW/Miami/Madrid) counting as merited increases, and direct entry into one Grand Slam (AO/RG/W) counting as her last merited increase. The other nine will be any other events: ITFs, WTA Premiers/Internationals/P5s as well as the Grand Slams/Premier Mandatory events that she doesn't use her merited increases for.

http://www.wtachampionships.com/SEWT...heTour/aer.pdf
Quote:
16 Years Old
(a) Number and Type of Tournaments
Between the date of a player's 16th birthday and the day before her 17th birthday, a player may participate in:
(i) A maximum of 12 Professional Tennis Tournaments; plus
(ii) The WTA Championships (if she qualifies); plus
(iii) Fed Cup (any level of competition).
Merited Increases
(a) A player aged 15-17 is allowed up to four (4) merited increases per birth year (i.e., birthday to birthday). Merited increases are in addition to a player’s allotted number of Tournaments under the AER.
(b) A merited increase is earned when a player aged 15-17 has completed all of her Player Development requirements to-date and earned her way into the Main Draw or Qualifying of a Premier Mandatory Tournament or Grand Slam via a direct acceptance. Players may include up to two (2) Grand Slam events in their total number of four (4) merited increases.