TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Sep 18th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #2369
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
I have to disagree with you on TV coverage of San Diego. I remember watching both those 93 matches, and camera was too low down at court level, and they used a lens that gave the court an unnatural lengthy feel. I can't believe I'm saying a camera was too far down close to the court, because camera angles at tennis matches are normally way too high. I also never understood why San Diego didn't do something about those lights- they're virtually right on court, and you see square shadows on court at any time of day but high noon. They're not huge shadows, but they are annoying to look at. But I'm being picky.
Well, no one TV camera angle is ever going to be perfect. But I was thinking of the game when Steffi was serving at 0-4 in the first set ("Now I've got her right where I want her..."). If the slice backhand is Diehard's pleasure, that game really showcased that side in all its various guises. Net-skimming, court-biting, curve-balling, and hard-driven. There's one point (I think it's at 15-30) that is totally sick. And then there are the games with Steffi serving at 2-4 (I think), and Arantxa serving at 4-5 first set, that give a feel for the front row baseline bleacher seats vantage point. Maybe as you say a little too far down (or not down enough), but it does give an idea of just how low her shots, forehand and backhand, stayed.
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote