TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Sep 17th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #2364
country flag DiehardSince05

DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice DiehardSince05 is just really nice
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Having only got into tennis in 2005, I missed Steffi's playing days - and coming from Britain, the only player from the past I ever really got told much about was Navratilova who my mother spoke about as the greatest Wimbledon champion when we were watching Venus win her fourth and fifth titles and being called the queen of the all england club.

Only last year did I take to Wikipedia to find out more about Navratilova, and then of other past greats. I was reading about this Steffi Graf - and why hadn't I heard about her before. So then to youtube, and I have fell in love with Steffi's game. Her slice backhand is perhaps my favourite shot ever played by a tennis player, male or female.

So I guess her legend does transcend generations. I continue to spend some spare time watching back her matches on youtube now - if only I could have seen her play live.
DiehardSince05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote