TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Ana's articles~

View Single Post

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #3760
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
Controlled aggression is what made her a great player, not hitting as hard as possible. In 2008 she said that she can hit harder than she did in that moment, but she was going for higher percentage. She can become more aggressive, little by little, but starting from a scratch, as you're suggesting, would be fatal and it would screw her mind. Her body is different now, her mindset is damaged, there were too many coaches trying different things with her. Trying something like that would be to risky for her body and her mind. And I remember last year you said you disliked Kardon because he was trying to make her play the way you're currently think she should. IMO, in 2009 she could still play like that, now it would be too difficult. She can try to add some strength, aggression and try to get as close as possible to her level from 2008, but it will never be exactly the same.
WTF??!!!

I would like to understand how on EARTH! Kardon wanted Ana to play the way I'm saying she should play. Kardon tried to change Ana's game completely by making her a net rusher. That has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with what I'm saying. Nothing. WTF?!

Its different to have controlled aggression and to make your shots harmless and being passive... very different. Ana was an aggressive players with weapons back in 2008.. her FH would hurt opponents. Now she is playing the game of averages, adding spin to her shots, making it harmless and airy. This average route is the pollar opposite of the aggressive route. And by aggressive route I never meant for her to be only a complete ballbasher. Its about taking the opportunity to strike and turning her shots into weapons again.. hitting them hard and flat as they should always be. Going for the average route as she is doing is playing a whole different style of play than the one that is natural to her, the one she had up until 2010.. This style is pollar opposite than the one she should have. Its no wonder she looks clueless on court so often. If she ever sees this style has a dead end for her, she will have to start again from scratch. The mistake was going for this route in the first place. She will have to forget about spin and go for flat, she will have to make her mind in being aggressive and not withstanding 20 shots + rallies, so on. I know Ana will never be the one she was in 2008.. that player got killed off. But she is playing now a game that doesn't favor her, that negates her weapons, that has a dead end within her possibilities. All I'm saying is that she needs to go for the game that is natural to her, that not only make her weapons visible but make them shine. Otherwise she won't ever have anything special, that differentiates her from others, as she once did. And that would be fatal.. or you think she will be satisfied if she never does anything of significance again?

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote