TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Ana's articles~

View Single Post

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #3751
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Ana's articles~

I believe that since Indian Wells Ana has been trying to be more aggressive. And when she gets passive (usually after winning a first set), it's really strange. Few times she said that Nigel told her that she was too passive in the second set, but she didn't notice it. Few times I heard that, after the match against Dani, Errani, maybe even after the match against Bondarenko IIRC. Against top players she freezes. She was passive against Vika for example and against Goerges she played very risky. No wonder she thinks that Vika is a big hitter, she was pushing in that match.

And Ana's fh was never a low percentage shot, she has never been a bbb with a low percentage game. That's why she handles the counterpunchers so well, she can stay in a point with them. She struggles against grinders who take the ball early, like Vika or LenaD (even Domi), so if she's passive, like she was against Vika, she's a toast. That's when she needs to play very risky.

And I don't think that her serve has been bad since Birmingham. It was good in Birmingham, she hit so many aces during the 2011 grass season. And I don't remember it was bad until the clay season.