TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anti-American anger sweeps Muslim world

View Single Post

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #32
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti-American anger sweeps Muslim world

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uricate View Post
While I believe you are very objective and respect your views, there is just no way the whole Assange thing was treated fairly.

Oh look, someone tells the truth finally and what happens?

They dig up some story and say he's endangering peoples lives, based on misdeads THEY have done, evil they have created.

So people in power can so whatever they want and we have to protect them based on some notion of perceived power and authority?

They lose that authority when they commit heinous acts and then lie to the masses.

Do you honestly believe the masses are told everything?

Someone tells the truth and the government and media ostrascises them. Lo and behold all the sheep follow their shepherd.
I agree with you in as much as that I think it was impossible for the media to present him "fairly" when he was facing all these political accusations, and then legal accussations. Any "fair" portrayal would have involved digging into government motives, getting really dirty in the back story. It's hard to portray such a politically charged situation neutrally. The media can be accused of cowardice more than arrogance. I follow most of my current affairs on the BBC or Guardian newspaper and I personally don't feel they did a poor job all things considered.

My sister actually went to see Julian Assange speak at a literature festival (yes he was allowed to move around the country freely ) - after the initial wikileaks break, his name was already synonymous with international scandal - it was the best attended event there. People wanted to hear his side and hear him speak. Not everyone is a brainwashed sheep, some people realise there is more than one side to every story. Not everyone was arrogantly condemning him.
Olórin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote