TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #30
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Actually the first album to feature Phil as the lead singer was A Tick of the Tail which was released in 1976.
You`re right of course. But that pretty much still had the old Gabriel-inspired Genesis sound, they only started to move into the new direction with "And then there were Three".

I know that Genesis fans are mostly split, those who like the Gabriel-driven Progressive Rock stuff hate their later albums and others find their earlier work hard to get into and I would be a part of the latter group. The progressive rock stuff isn't bad, it's just not my cup of tea too much.

It might have a lot do with the fact that I like Phil Collins as a solo artist as well. His 90s work for Disney was pretty crap and sold bad for a reason but in the mid 80s, when "No Jacket Required" came out, he really was one of the biggest guys in music and there's a reason his albums sold like hotcakes during these days.

I've been listening to it for the past 20+ years and I just get back to it every time because it's so well made, him and Genesis really had that 80s drum-sound perfected.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote