TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #29
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It inevitably has to be "Kind of Blue", but I love "Sketches of Spain" just as much.
Kind of Blue I've already given a try. Is Sketches of Spain in a similar vein?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
This is not the sort of thread where I'd be a valuable contributor,but I decided to make one,token visit when I saw that YOU were the OP since you're sort of a role model for decent comportment here at TF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYd088V6NOE

We've all heard the myths of the supposed greatness of the Beatles and the Stones despite their puny record sales,but the REAL leader of the 'British Invasion' was the maestro above whom you'll catch at about the 8:45 mark.......It's none other than the nonpareil legend Enoch Simpson with his incomparable,'England!England!England!'
You're gonna keep plugging this, aren't you? Props.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I think it's fair to say, a lot of bands from the mid 70's and up into the 80's have a similar sound.

All from the north American rock/pop scene.

ELO, Boston, Chicago, Saga, Toto, Genesis, Supertramp .. pops into me head. There'll be loads more.

British scene had a lot more edge to it. This was of course a wonderful time before Simon Cowell .. Sex Pistols, Clash ..
Interesting you mentioned Boston in that lot, since tracks like More Than A Feeling I woulda said were less experimental, if you like, than perhaps Genesis and what I heard of Saga. Sorta more straight-up rock structure.

Not that I'm in any way an expert, of course.
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote