TennisForum.com - View Single Post - News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

View Single Post

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #14
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
WTA had to act imho. If ES rather shows summer ski-jumping over a WTA-Tour semifinal/final then you have to protect your product. They basically gave the WTA no priority or protection. From handball to motorsports to youth football to snooker to summer ski-jumping. What´s next? Snow long-jumping over the WTA Championships? I won´t miss ES coverage.
Well, tennis has definitely been outsourced a lot ever since ES 2 was on air. ES themselves had always stated they had never aired more tennis than in the respective year though. I for sure will miss it. I don't mind streams but if I can enjoy tennis on my 40'' HDTV, then I will.
On the other hand, ES did not pay a lot to the WTA tour so I can somehow understand their new strategy. Maybe ES just can't afford a massive increase of money to pay the WTA as much as they would have liked.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote