TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serve or Return

Thread: Serve or Return
View Single Post

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM   #16
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serve or Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
So my question is, if you're Thomas, which shot do you think you'd focus on working with Maria? (Since we all know Maria is so stingy with giving us the best of both worlds )
Pretty sure he already has full 6-8 week training schedule in his notebook, with day-by-day details. He is that type of guy.

I dont think her serve was biggest problem this year. I mean at USO 37 aces/ 39 DF is not really good... but improvement compared to post surgery years. There is no point to think it'll stop getting better now. But its hard to ask really more.
Also most players master their serve at later stages of their career.

OTOH returning was terrible so many times, lost count. Obviously she has strengths and some deficiency in her technique (power & big reach vs smooth hands), still many times felt her game was too mental driven. And a little bit drop in concentration can mess with her too much.

Also she often stops moving her legs and looks really slow, starts pointless bashing left and right. That has nothing to do with her actual fitness, but again, the concentration.
Not to blame her, such a long and succesful year, especially the 2 month clay season isnt asy as it looks.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote