TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

View Single Post

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #60
country flag GAGAlady

GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future GAGAlady has a brilliant future
Re: Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
If she dominated the last two slam finals, I'd give her more credit but she's struggled in finals against weak competition this year. I'm not sure how these wins put her above the top 3 (Graf, Navs, Evert).

Even then, she's mopping up slams in the weakest point ever seen in the Open Era as far as greats. She has no rival and it's not because she is just that amazing but because the field is just so awful that when she actually plays like sh!t (Wimbledon and USO finals), no one can do anything about it.

In terms of accomplishments, she'll probably end up in Evert territory. Somewhat close to the greatest but definitely not the greatest.

Now if we talk about who the "best" female player of all-time is/was? I havent seen any form since 2002-2003 that comes close to the best players of all time aside from the serve.
I can't even tell you how your post made me laugh. Your the tennis expert of the week are you?

So you think your so smart you can tell everyone whos not the best and Serena is certainly know here near the best.

First of all you mentioned her serve. Her serve is the best. It's not only the best serve right now it's the best serve women's tennis had ever had or will probably ever have.

No woman has consistently been able to slam 25 aces a match against her oponnents not to mention her record number of aces she continues to pile up. Her ground strokes are better on both the backhand and forehand wings than any of her past contemporaries also.

Her slam count is already at 15. She's going to win Australia and shes the favorite at Wimbledon so that's 17 slams by next year at least not to mention she has chances for another us open and that's not including the year after that where she will most like win more then too. So yes, Serena is the best and as far as her competition. It's far tougher than when evert or graff played. Your dream world where u think the current top 3 females would stand a chance in hell against a peak Serena throwing an average of 3 aces a game against a Chris evert who couldn't even hit aces to begin with or a serve and volleying Navratilova who wouldn't be able to serve and volley against a 120 mph serve is laughable. Don't get me started on steffi graff and her slice backhand. Because this ain't 1992 and we don't play at that speed anymore baby . Get real

Head Bitch of the JANKOBITCH ASSOCIATION of players.
GAGAlady is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote