TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #24
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
And here's Hiromi's jazzed up version. At the start she even makes her piano sound like a harpsichord, which was of course a key instrument of the baroque period. Further on she really starts to kick butt and gets ultra-virtuosic. Amazing stuff, although I expect that most of you will probably not like it.

One of the most interesting things about her version is the range of musical genres she gives a nod to during the performance. I think there was even a bit of traditional French folk-style in there towards the end. Be interesting to know how much of that was truly improv (my assumption is most of it, a least to a degree).

Loved the foot stamp partway through too.

r.e. Miles Davis, what's your favourite record?
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote