TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment"

View Single Post

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #65
country flag cescsas

cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all cescsas is a name known to all
Re: Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment"

Definitely agree that Petra has been rather unwhelming this year, after last year I though she would kick on and be the dominant force this year instead she's slowly become less and less effective, people have used the argument that GS Quarter finals/4th rounds are good progress well I would agree if your name is Sara Errani for example, someone with the weapons that Petra has should be winning Grand Slams or at leat getting to the final. To me watching her this year she seems to have lost confidence and her shot making dosen't seem as spectacular as it could be and maybe more controversally her intensity dosen't look up to where it could be.

The way I look at it with Petra she should be able to beat the like's of Sharapova/Azarenka as she has more natural power than them and actually plenty more variety really she should be dualling it out with Serena Williams for GS title's as she's probaly the only person who could match her in the power stakes.

Hopefully she can come out Fresh for the start of next year and put this year behind her and call it a learning curve
cescsas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote