TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment"

View Single Post

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #27
country flag harloo

harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute harloo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ana View Post
At the end of last season I'm sure very few people expected Vika and Petra to be in their respective positons - I would have thought they'd be the other way around tbh. You cannot really predict how things will play out, but I'm hopeful the Petra can make some big noise again next season, I'd even give her a good chance of defending her YEC title. On the other hand, she could fall out of the top 10. Who really knows?
To be honest, I thought Azarenka would be more successful because she's more consistent and works harder. She hired a new coach, improved on her fitness, and has shown consistency and passion. Petra is more talented but you see she hasn't lost any weight and is kind of in the wilderness in regards to her tennis. Considering she's still young their is time to turn it around but I see no hunger when she plays. When you also consider the fact that Petra hates the limelight and doesn't really want people in her personal life it just adds more pressure. After she won Wimbledon it seemed like she just wanted to get the hell out of the stadium and go home.

harloo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote