TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment"

View Single Post

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #21
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greg Garber(ESPN): "Petra Kvitova - the biggest disappointment"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
Kvitova is technical one of the most complete players ever and obviously one of the most talented players in the world.

Pretty much everybody expected her to get to the # 1 spot at the beginning of the year. She was so close.

She played a solid season but that was not what we expected from her.

I expected her to dominate the tour for years and step into Williams shoes.

So yes - a top 5 ranking for a player with that potential is very disappointing!!
Agree.

And I don't think people should compare her to Navratilova! Martina had that special determination Petra appears to lack. I saw her at Wimbledon and was disappointed.

Many years ago I thought Svetlana was going to be the next Navratilova and look what happened! I think Peyra will have a similar career: respectableish but overall disappointing.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote