TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Serena Storms Flushing Meadows 2012

View Single Post

Old Sep 12th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #3542
country flag doni1212
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute doni1212 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena Storms Flushing Meadows 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijoux0021 View Post
I believe the doubts were not so much about Serena's ability to come back in big matches, but more about the horrible experiences she had gone trough over the years at the US Open. If last night's final was at the Australian Open or Wimbledon, there wouldn't be that many doubters, imo.

Call me cynical, but I was not happy seeing Capriati do the coin toss at a Serena's match at the US Open. And on top of that, a foot fault was called on Serena. Those two things brought so many bad memories for me, so I can only imagine what Serena must have been thinking.

Given how advanced technology has become, I don't understand why they still don't have cameras on the serving lines in order to show and challenge foot fault calls. It's not right that lines-persons can call foot faults and players are not able to contest them.
I agree. I seriously thought (and still do think to some extent) that she has a mental block here too just not as bad as at the French. This is due to everything that has happened here and she probably started thinking about last year's final toward the end of that 2nd set. We never know what we're going to get at those 2 slams,