TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

View Single Post

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #3541
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
SO TRUE !!!!
I totally agree. I absolutely loved his win yesterday, but I would have liked Wimbledon more just because it's different, it's at home, and he fought so much... I don't know, it was so emotional. I remember when Murray was like "I wanna win the USO more than Wimbledon" years ago (before 2008 actually), and since 2008 (when the crowd went wild after he beat Gasquet from two sets and a break down) he has that special behaviour and atmosphere in Wimbledon. LOL @ some people saying Murray prefers more the USO to Wimbledon. Erm. No.

But yes I totally see what you meant. I used to love Rafa and Nole, but after so many tough losses , I grew tired of them. I still like them though. Just not in slams God Nole killed me in RG Jooooo these four matchpoints.. omfg. Yet I was rooting like crazy for Nole in the finale. Idek. I think my constant factor is Murray

True, if Roger and Rafa didn't win as much... because maybe Nole and Andy would not be that good without them to be fair. I don't even know, we will never know. But I know that if they were a bit less strong, the slam count would be more equal.

Same here about Rafa. I was gutted when he withdrew from the USO. Wanted everyone fit here.

Yes !!! You don't have school, uni, anything?
Nole killed me in that Roland Garros final. I know the result doesn't really suggest it, but I think he could have clinched that fourth set hadn't it been for the rain, the momentum was completely on his side. But his serve completely deserted him in that match, and again I think it was just too much pressure on him to achieve what neither Roger nor Rafa managed to do... You're right about top players pushing each other to be better, and that's what's so great about men's tennis nowadays. I felt like Nole got tired of getting all those beatings from Roger and Rafa in previous years, and then really turned it around in 2011. They made him a better player. Same with Rafa. He suffered all those losses to Nole and then he regained his amazing tennis on clay. Nole made him work harder to become better. Roger was in this situation too, he really had to step it up to win Wimbledon... And then Andy, another case in point. He has really risen, not maybe his game that much, but he changed his attitude, which was IMO the only thing stopping him from claiming a Major before. All in all, I really like those dynamics that transpire in men's tennis. Hopefully, this will make Nole work harder as well

And finally to answer your question. I'm a freshman in Uni, but here in Serbia, University starts in October (only for first year though), so I had a really long, nice summer, and I still have some spare time on my hands. Approximately 2 weeks of freedom left But, when my uni starts, I can only imagine that I'll visit TF far less often

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is offline View My Blog!