TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2012 ITF Calendar

View Single Post

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #269
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 ITF Calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PainfulTruth View Post
Yes, some Polish mug girls were complaining that it's easier to attract someone to become a sponsor of men's tournament while nobody wants to be the donor of women's. That is everywhere I guess.
I guess, but the reason for them not having tournaments is definately not money because they both host quite a number of Junior Tournaments. And they both have no mens players, so surely Sponsors won't sponsor a mens tournament if there are no players in the range. And anyway, how hard is it to find money for a 25K? I mean look how much money it brings in. Think:
Flights into the place, especially if it is a big place (like Riga).
Accomodation for + 100 people including Coaches at for example $60 per person per night.
That leaves an average of around $300 spent on accommodation, plus food which contributes to the local economy.
Then there is things like re-strings and other small items which begin to add up.
By the time the tournament is done, the hotel which may normally not be full has brought in as much money as the prize money itself, and then with other small sponsors, your work is done It's why Antalya works
Also, in countries where there isn't much tennis these tournaments get a wide following form the locals.
It was like one year I went to Port Pirie and the locals were so excited (all 1000 of them ) that they gave out housing and everything. The stands of the centre court which could fit Approx. 200 were full everyday, and kids were coming after school getting autographs. These tournaments are taken a lot more seriously than we would think

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote