TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

View Single Post

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #30
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
You're speculating as if she couldn't have done well even if they hadn't retired. And, I'm sure nobody would take away her slams due to her not blowing away the world No. 2 and No.1 in consecutive finals. And, she's won 11 of her slams with Henin and Clijsters, or both, in the draw. Maybe it takes away from Clijsters greatness that she beat the likes of Zvonareva and struggled against a raw Na Li and a barely known Wozniacki in her slam finals. You sound ridiculous. And bitter.
They were in the draw but was it after their comebacks?

And she struggled from 2004-2008 and then suddenly wins slams again. She probably wouldnt be as dominant if there was a challenger (like Henin in her prime or even Sharapova or Mauresmo in their primes). And even without a challenger she didn't put up Graf or Navratilova-like dominance.

I'm just stating realities. And Kim, although a favorite of mine, is not an all-time great. So there's not really a comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote