TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

View Single Post

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #19
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Says Azarenka, Serena is the greatest player of all time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
You're speculating as if she couldn't have done well even if they hadn't retired. And, I'm sure nobody would take away her slams due to her not blowing away the world No. 2 and No.1 in consecutive finals. And, she's won 11 of her slams with Henin and Clijsters, or both, in the draw. Maybe it takes away from Clijsters greatness that she beat the likes of Zvonareva and struggled against a raw Na Li and a barely known Wozniacki in her slam finals. You sound ridiculous. And bitter.
This.
Why do people keep referring to Serena's lack of "accomplishments" when she has compiled quite a few?

These are off the top of my head.

She is the only woman to have won the doubles and singles in every Grand Slam and Olympics in Singles and doubles.
She's won more Aussie Opens than anybody else in the Open era.
She's the only woman to have won the US Open in 3 different decades.
She's the lowest seed to win the Aussie Open in the Open era.
etc.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote