TennisForum.com - View Single Post - PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single)

View Single Post

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #31
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single)

Korea is a terrible place when it comes to "good looks" and "appearances sake."

I had quite a few instances of this in work - I believe in each case it worked in my favour but it's very annoying to know what is prioritised in the Korean workplace.

I also lived in a very wealthy part of Seoul, Cheongdam. There are lots of cosmetic surgeons in this area and the surrounding areas and people actually walk around with bandages and surgical tape fresh from the surgery. They'll have scars, swelling, bruising and puffiness and they'll make little or no attempt to hide it. I've even seen people with marks from a surgeon's pen on their faces as they walk around. Plastic surgery is a status symbol there!

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote