TennisForum.com - View Single Post - PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single)

View Single Post

Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #29
country flag rrfnpump

rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute rrfnpump has a reputation beyond repute
Re: PSY - Gangnam Style (South Korean smash single)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
Everyone has diffrent personality, being part of a group it's hard to show this.
Knowing personality of members of famous groups such as SNSD, CNBLUE, 2NE1 and SISTAR, These groups' popularity wouldn't be the same if members got switched

I couldn't imagine SNSD without Jessica or Seohyun, 2NE1 without CL or Dara...

I hope PSY has opened the door for more KPOP succes worldwide
They have different personalities because SM entertainment generated different personalities. It's just like kwilliams said that every member has to be identifiable to a portion of the population. Imagine that (for example girls generation)they were casted for SM entertainment when they were girls. Ever since then they got thrilled for success and its almost impossible to develop a genuine personality in this environment. I believe almost everything is created by the management and they also decide which member is 'in' at the moment. It was very obvious when Seohyun got pushed hard by SM into the spotlight. I am 100% sure girls generation would more than survive if, lets say, Jessica is substituted for Dara.

What I find irritating about the whole K-pop (and also J-pop which might be even worse) business is how superficial everything is and how few it actually has to do with music. It all depends on your looks and not about how well you sing or dance or if you are able to write your own songs. As I live in Japan now, it is quite obvious for me how this ideal of being good lucking to get famous is influencing society. It is all about looks. And thats kind of sad I feel.

I am not a hater. I actually like a couple of k-pop bands and songs.