TennisForum.com - View Single Post - WSJ Article: Martina & Lindsay Blast Patrick McEnroe & USTA Treatment of Taylor

View Single Post

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #26
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WSJ Article: Martina & Lindsay Blast Patrick McEnroe & USTA Treatment of Taylor

I think there is 2 sides to this story.

One side:
1. I think the USTA should NEVER quit funding on a #1 player in the world. That is just rediculous, if she wants to play she should be allowed too. 0_o This is her choice.
2. Every player's bodytype is different, not everyone is lean right away and it takes a while to put that off. Usually that happens gradually at a later age.

Other side:
1. They are her coaches, they obviously know her well and are doing what they're saying in her best interest. If they think it's good for her to be working on her fitness i can understand that. These people see her day in, day out, know what she's eating every day and know how she reacts to certain training schedules. Obviously they know what they're doing. The problem is this should be discussed with the player herself though and should have no effect on her financial status.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote