TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Is Serena the Only Heavyweight?

View Single Post

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #28
country flag lloyders76

lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of
Re: Is Serena the Only Heavyweight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum79 View Post
Welcome to the TF.

For many posters here , they would not bother with insinuations or other cloak language.
They are perfectly OK with reducing Serena's game to brute force, followed by she should join the ATP.

They disingenuously dismiss any other aspect of her game that has nothing to do with power.
The disguise and placement of her serve, her non-changing toss motion regardless of where she is serving.

For example, they discount or take away the work and time she put in to perfect her serve, the adjustment she makes on court during the matches, the anticipation...etc..

i hesitate to say this as a big venus fan, and it's probably simplifying, but given they both have power and physical gifts (not identical gifts obvs) i think serena demonstrates how far you can take that if you are technically sound, smart and willing to alter stroke production to become as effective as possible

i'm not sure venus has done the same and their careers have diverged hugely in the last 4 years

amazing to think that going into their 08 us open qtr venus was on 7 slams to serena's 8, and prob would have equalled serena had she taken that match, instead serena has surged ahead in the stats
lloyders76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote