TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today

View Single Post

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #19
country flag laurie

laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute laurie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Maria Still Has The Fight In Her, But Her Body Let Her Down Today

The strange thing for me was, when Sharapova stepped to the line to serve for the first set at 5-1, I was thinking it didn't matter because Azarenka was going to win the match anyway. I was convinced from the start that Azarenka was going to win the match, I knew she wouldn't panic and play at the same level while Sharapova would be up and down, that proved to be the case.

By the way, I really thought this was a poor quality match, the level of tennis was not that great. The amount of times Sharapova had a short ball in the middle of the court and instead of hitting and taking to the net, would hit the ball and immdediately retreat to the baseline. Ultimately Azarenka didn't allow Sharapova to get away with that complete lack of courage and belief. It's fine to take risks and hit out when on the baseline but the real courage is taking the ball on and challenge the opponent when the opportunity presents itself.

And also, Azarenka will have to play considerably better than this is she wants to win the tournament tommorrow night (weather permitting).

http://www.classictennismatches.net/
laurie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote