TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #3855
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yes, and I cannot describe how surprised (and more) I was when some people here called that an easy draw. But anyway, I think that Caro vs Sveta had some great thrilling matches. And the best ones took place at US Open.

I also miss the good old days, but in today's tennis it must be very hard to stay consistent. Just look at how Sveta fared and Caro's situation suddenly doesn't look that bad.
I'm taking the bait! IT WAS AN EASY DRAW!

Melanie Oudin (ranked seventieth) in the quarters and Yanina Wickmayer (ranked fiftieth) in the semis. You can't even admit that for a top ten player these are about as easy of an opponent as you are going to get that deep in a slam? marineblue, I challenge you to find me a player that had easier opponents that late in a slam.

Sure on paper Caroline defeating Svetlana was a minor upset but we are talking number eight versus number six, they were fairly evenly matched. After Roland Garros leading up to the U.S. Open Caroline was clearly posting better results than Svetlana and I would argue that based on form Caroline was the favourite in that match.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!