TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

View Single Post

Old Sep 6th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #323
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Ivanovic's Dramatic Weight Loss: Any One Concerned... Yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana View Post
NOTE: If you don;t accept the WTA as an authority on players rankings, we have no agrreable point of discussion.

It looks like 2011 was a flat year for her, but when you dropped out of the top fifty the previous year, it isn't.
I know what her ranking was in almost every week during her whole career, trust me. What I'm saying is that she made a huge progress in the second part of 2010, she was #65 after Wimbledon and she was #17 four months after. During that time there was no weight loss and her game was even better than it is now. She didn't reach USO quarterfinal, but she also faced Kim in R4. after the weight loss her game got worse, she had too many minor injuries + she was coachless. After RG in 2011 she was #50 in the race. When she hired Nigel, she started playing better. His coaching is, IMO, the main reason why she's #12 at the moment, but she still doesn't have a fitness coach, she still gets injured way too often, so I really fail to realize how exactly this weight loss benefits her game.

Edit: I am a fan. I want her to bulk up a bit (not to gain 20 pounds). I want her to serve better and improve that bh.