TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #3837
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, she's one of the greatest players in history, so I'm sure she's a tennis expert. I don't think she's much of a Caro expert though. Perhaps that's the problem with some of these former greats, including the two Martina's and Chrissie. They think that whatever worked for them will or should also work for everyone else without taking into consideration that every player has a different set of skills and different strenghts and weaknesses which may be totally different from what theirs used to be.
Yes, it seems to me that she thinks players nowadays just suck and doesn't appreciate the womens game much. And, due to a lack of real interest she has a lack of insight. Also, I think she prefers players who play aggressively and harps on those who play a defensive game. She is a tennis observer but I don't think she can be considered to be an expert, especially not on this era.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!