TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

View Single Post

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #3826
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Well, of course her critics were right in saying that she needed to improve her offense, and I would never have had a problem with them saying that. That's what the're there for. But in Caroline's case the criticism went way beyond that. All throughout her career, or at least starting from when she became number one you got the impression that they were rooting against her. I've never heard anything like it in all the years that I've been following tennis.

Even now it still continues. Throughout her first round match of this USO eurosport commentators limited themselves to a one hour plus Caro bashing fest (by the same two characters that were bashing Sharapova in her last match btw - hence my comment yesterday that these two apparently were employed to ruin what would otherwise be good entertainment). Of course there was a lot to criticize about Caro in that match, but enough is enough already. Besides, they got on her case from the start of the match before they even knew what would happen.

But ok, eurosports usual team of Bradnam, Reed, Smith and Durie are ok because they don't have an anti-Caro agenda. But when I read how American commentators behaved towards her I would if I were Caro punch them on the nose if I met them.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!