TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Patricia Maria Tig

View Single Post

Old Sep 2nd, 2012, 10:09 PM   #6
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Patricia Maria Tig

Lost the final in 3 sets.

That was some mess. I've watched from the middle of the second set.

Tig has so much more game than Fichman, you can't believe it. When she just put a little consistency on her shots, she was able to outplay the Canadian comfortably. Especially her forehand impressed me, but she can hit some great angles from both sides. I don't know which sport Sharon plays, but that isn't tennis. I can't even call her pusher, because they try to work with the pace of their opponents, while Fichman was more or less moonballing throughout the match, that 2nd set TB was priceless. And the hilarious thing is that she lost every point in it with an easy error whenever she tried to be 'agressive'.

In the third set, Patricia ran out of gas and after she got the break from being 40 - 0 up, the match was over. Her net game needs some work, her serve some speed up and her defense movement must be improved, because whenever Sharon somehow managed to boss her around the court, Tig was toast.

Still, she should climb up the rankings now, because she has too much game and talent to be stuck that far down. In the run of her career, a Top 200 ranking should definitely be reachable, it will depend on her will to improve to make it on the WTA tour.