TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Is Sharapova's engagement hitting the skids?

View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2012, 01:39 PM   #30
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Sharapova's engagement hitting the skids?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/tenni...ova/57487364/1
Quote:
After bulldozing NCAA finalist Mallory Burdette 6-1, 6-1 on Friday at Arthur Ashe Stadium, the No. 3 seed from Russia confirmed speculation lighting up the Twittersphere that she had broken off her engagement to ex-Los Angeles Lakers forward Sasha Vujacic.

"I was waiting for someone to actually ask me that question, but nobody did directly," the 25-year-old said in response to a news reporter's question.

She added: "I have never really been the person to announce things. I never announced when we were together or never announced that we were engaged. I never have in any of my previous relationships, as well."

Her separation from Vujacic was no secret to other women on tour.

"A lot of players already noticed he didn't show up at any tournaments this year, especially the European tournaments, and you don't see the ring so much on her hand," said fourth-round opponent Nadia Petrova of Russia, who beat Czech Lucie Safarova 6-4, 7-5, also Friday. "It's kind of been obvious."

2006 U.S. Open champion Sharapova said the breakup with Vujacic, playing professionally in Turkey, occurred at the end of spring. She called it a "challenging decision from both of our ends," but it hasn't had much impact on her tennis.