TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Princess Laura becomes Queen of British Tennis

View Single Post

Old Aug 31st, 2012, 07:45 PM   #106
country flag ToopsTame

ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future ToopsTame has a brilliant future
Re: Laura becomes the real deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenis Srbija View Post
It's actually one good tournament

I have to be honest, I'm impressed with the way Laura played against Clijsters and Li. A lot of more experienced and mentally tougher players would crumble under the pressure, but she didn't. She just kept bashing that ball and in the end she won both matches.

But yeah, it way to early to say that she is the real deal. Just remember how much real deal Rezai was...a lot of people have praised Larcher de Britto (or whatever is her last name) and where is she now? There a lot of real deals that ended up nowhere. Just take a minute, breathe, let her play few more tournaments. Who knows, maybe she isn't done with winning in New York, maybe she will have the same path like Kerber this year...or maybe she will pull out a Rezai

Nevertheless, when it comes to USO She's done great job.
Exactly. Celebrate her good tournament but let's not go nuts here. She's been serving very well this week and her opponents haven't done much to move her around. If either of those things changes, she'll have a much harder time winning points. Big and slow only works if you have Davenport-like consistency. It remains to be seen if Laura does.
ToopsTame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote