TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Following the Family Tradition: Maria Sakkari

View Single Post

Old Aug 30th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #42
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Following the Family Tradition: Maria Sakkari

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
She beat Brozda (#880, former #281) in straight sets and she now faces (1) Sezer in the quarterfinals
It will be tough, but she beat Sezer earlier in the season so hopefully she can give it her best and maybe beat her again

Also she's now 608 in the rankings, her career high . And yes, it would be great if she can do well this Fall in Greece . She has some points to defend but many to gain

EDIT-Actually she didn't get a first round bye, but her opponent retired in the first game of the match

Sadly she lost to Sezer 6-2 6-4, but hopefully she can build on this in Antalya next week and win her first tournament

EDIT: It turns out she is not playing Antalya this week but is playing next week This makes no sense IMO as she hasn't played that many matches recently and it is the same surface Anyway, good luck for the week of the 10th She is then playing again the week of the 17th I understand that if she played this week it would be a lot but unless she starts winning these tournaments, which I hope she does, I doubt she will get tired If she did she could pull out. I just don't want her to lose her momentum Anyway, hellas719, I was wondering if you would be in Greece when the Greek championships takes place as except for Eleni, she would be the clear favourite to win given Papamichail's recent results She seemed to fall apart after our fight at Fed Cup time

Finally, why is the first Heraklion tournament not at teh resort but is on Hard at Heraklion's tennis club and why is there Mytilini and Kalamata as well??? It seems I am becoming emotionally attached to these Greek Players and tournaments

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Sep 2nd, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote