TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

View Single Post

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #1283
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 2012 Off Court Photos Thread (Photo Shoots/Parties/Sponsor Events etc.) vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
Beyonce's looks are a-dime-a-dozen. Kelly Rowland runs rings around Beyonce when it comes to facial beauty, but guess who they made the star.
1) Not really. Kelly is pretty as well, as they both are. Neither are other-worldly beautiful, and I've seen women in real life who've looked as good or better than both.

2) Beyonce is a bigger star because she's a better singer, dancer, and performer not to mention a harder worker than any other female entertainer out bar none. Let's not.

And for the record I agree that Beyonce is not a good example to counter the idea that white looks are what dominates. If only because she's not necessarily the shining example of "black beauty," being pretty far on the lighter end of the spectrum in terms of skin tone, usually wearing silky blonde lacefronts with her natural curly hair being dyed honey blonde as well, etc. The funny thing is the usual counter-example to this would be Naomi Campbell, but even she is mixed with something else(Chinese,) and visibly so.