TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kiri in New Haven!

View Single Post

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #71
country flag NYKiriFan

NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light NYKiriFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Kiri in New Haven!

Yeah, I agree she won't and can't beat herself too much over this loss. While as fans we're impatient to see her win a tourney for the first time in 4 years, she's just not going to put too much of herself into an event a week before the US Open and let this get to her.

Some of the postmatch press conference is here, and quote from the article: http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2...txt?viewmode=2

Quote:
“Yeah, even if I lost today, I still feel positive,” Kirilenko said. “I played really well this week. I played a good match today. Unfortunately, I was unlucky. But I have a couple days to recover because I know that I’m playing Tuesday (at the U.S. Open).”
Also a good quote on what went wrong beyond just being "unlucky":

Quote:
“She just played a couple lines, long lines,” Kirilenko said. “The ball went so fast, I couldn’t really think. It was a couple important points. Then she started to play a little bit differently. She didn’t hit the ball as hard as she did in the first set. She just tried to make long rallies. I was not too patient. I had to be more patient and wait for the easy ball to finish. Sometimes I chose the wrong ball to hit a winner.”
NYKiriFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote