TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #4965
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Reading Tignor's articles left bitter-sweet taste in my mouth. I didn't know what he thought / felt about MS before (haven't been really paying attention to his blog too often) and I wasn't browsing for any tennis related articles until 2008. To me it is normal for someone not to like a certain player, but to be against him/her as a journalist because he/she shrieks... Don't know what to think... But I have matured enough over the years, I did realize that in most cases tennis journalists are not strictly objective and that they more often than not express their opinion, point of view, likes and dislikes... And one is left to agree with what is written or disagree.
I had no idea that people accused Maria of being "fake" after she fell on the knees after winning Roland Garros... I seriously do not see why would they accuse her of such action, because every emotion shown in that tournament was more than genuine... And I agree with Rob, with the things he wrote in part 2 of the column... Is it double-standards because she is a woman?? Because, let's be honest, athelets celebrate their victories in their way... Roger has had more or less simmilar celebration over the years, also Rafa, Novak with his roaring, Tsonga's match celebrations, Kim's GS clebrations, Vika's falling on the knees, Ana's...
Was really Maria accussed/seen as fake?? And... if she was, then I must emphasize how much more I put my hats off to her, because she subtly made fun of those accussations in the Fallon show, when she said: "I was looking at the pictures and it is always the same, I was like - is this posing??" One can understand it like - oh, Maria is joking of herself, but it can be also understood in the different way - Maria is ridiculing the reactions of those who saw her as fake... And if you look back, she has done quite a few times the same -- one might see as her making fun of herself, when in fact she is a bit cynical... I do think that Maria has some dose of sarcasm and cynism in her... Hence the roll of the eyes in pressers...