TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kiri in New Haven!

View Single Post

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #69
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all
Re: Kiri in New Haven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat View Post
Brutal loss for Kiri. Not even to win a set today is an injustice to Maria. But she has only herself and her serve to blame for that. Kiri seemed to wilt in the second set. Not to take it to a third set to make Petra sweat and suffer is a mistake Kiri will regret. Kvitova may have been so upset by losing the second set that she might have tanked the third set worrying about the U.S. Open.

As for Kiri's U.S. Open I think this loss will hang with her for a while. Kvitova was beatable today and Kiri could have done it. Still no singles titles for Maria for almost 4 years. Her losing the second set like that today reminded me of the old Kiri.
well, you could be right, but don't forget, her opponent was not knapp, zakopalova or schiavone...
maria played against an in-form world's number 5! you first have to come in a 5-2 lead situation...
in some sense, I believe kiri will be even more motivated for the US Open now!
and she will win a title soon if she stays patient and continues to play like this, it's only a matter of time

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote