TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Romanian full results thread

View Single Post

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #142
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Romanian full results thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andiyan View Post
They could all lose
Pretty much, and to be honest, there isn't even a single match where a Romanian player is favourite to win. Best chances to go through is Sorana in my opinion, but to look at the matches properly:

Niculescu - Morita:

Monica won 4 games in their one and only previous meeting, although it has to be said that this one took place during her biggest slump in the spring of 2009. However, Monica has had 0 match preperation and we don't even know if she is halfway fit or just playing for the money. I mean if she would have felt better, she could have taken the Dallas MM as well. Usually struggles against flat hitting Asian players even when she is fit. No expectations, althugh Morita has been quite poor and a bad compatitor this year, so if she can she has to hang in there, but I don't think so.

Winning chance: 10%

Cirstea - Lisicki:

Pretty good match up for Sorana who apart from the FO performed very well at the slams so far this year. She definitely has the mental advantage here, saving MPs in 2 of her wins against the mentally instable German, who on top of that always struggles to find her rhythm after 'injury breaks' of hers. Sabine is actually a very poor return player on Hard considering her ranking and Sorana possesses a great serve these days when it's clicking, actually the serve is what brought her up again.

Winning chance: 70%

Halep - Benesova:

Toss up match with Simona being injured as usually at that date of the year and Iveta slumping and choking badly at the moment. Both players are lacking self-confidence at the moment, but I fear that Simona won't have the stamina to pull through.

Winning chance: 45%

Cadantu - Wozniak:

Got doubled bagel after a good first set in Budapest where she played up to her potential, but on Hard Court I can't see this one even getting close at the moment.

Winning chance: 0%

Begu - Wozniacki:

No, just no...
Only chance lies in a possible retirement.

Winning Chance: 5%

Gallovits - Voegele:

Someone who can't beat Falconi at the FO or Soler Espinosa at Wimbledon won't win this one for sure. Even if the draw looks good, it won't happen.

Winning chance: 20%
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote