TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Remove the warm up time with the opponent before singles and doubles matches

View Single Post

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #4
country flag Tenniswish

Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice Tenniswish is just really nice
Re: Remove the warm up time with the opponent before singles and doubles matches

As anyone who has ever played golf knows, that tee shot on the first hole is tough to hit. If golfers can manage to go from warming up on the driving range to hitting a first shot that matters after a few minute walk and a few minute wait, then tennis players should be able to do the same. PLUS, ON A GOOD DAY, GOLFERS ONLY COUNT 70 shots which means that first shot is a significant percentage of their day long effort. At least on the tennis court, you get to hit hundreds of balls in a match.

Note: I wouldn't have made the change to no warm-up, but I think players should be able to handle it.
Tenniswish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote