TennisForum.com - View Single Post - On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

View Single Post

Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM   #4413
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Now we were talking music and Canada, a question for you acorn leaf people : Is Carly Rae mega-star big in her home country? .. I was browsing YT the other day and came across her video for 'Call Me Maybe', which btw is really funny, and I noticed it had like 215 million views
I am a bit disconnected from popular culture so take this answer for what it is worth but at this moment I would guess that if she is regarded by people at all it is as a one hit wonder. Most younger Canadians might recognise the song but she is far from a household name. If you talk to people over the age of forty, maybe even over the age of thirty, about her you would most likely be greeted with a blank stare.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote